Part A – Getting started
This part of Multimedia Journalism is called Getting started, and that’s what we are going to do – straightaway. We won’t spend a lot of time theorising about things. Instead, you’ll jump straight in.
This is what we’ll be covering in Part A of Multimedia Journalism.
In the book version
Our aims are to give you core journalism skills and show you how to:
- Write a good basic news report
- Build a simple WordPress multimedia website and beat blog
- Use social media as an integral part of your news gathering and reporting
- Take good news pictures and create a stills picture story
- Film, edit and publish a video story
- Record, edit and publish audio reports and podcasts.
In the online version
Here in the online version of Part A you will find all the support material referenced in the book, plus a good deal of additional resources.
You will also find any essential updates required to keep the material covered in the book current and relevant.