Student Review Questions
- Investigate the strengths and weaknesses of India as a destination for business and leisure tourism.
- Identify the natural disasters and political crises that have made an impact on tourism in South Asia, and describe how different countries in the region have dealt with these problems.
- Discuss whether deficiencies in transport and infrastructure generally are holding back the development of tourism in the Indian sub-continent.
- Explain the appeal of religion, cultural heritage and lifestyle in attracting Western tourists to a number of South Asian destinations.
- Discuss the role of the film industry, music and dance, television documentaries, and literature in publicising particular South Asian countries. Compare the images portrayed with those presented by the official national tourism organisations.