- A Do-it-Yourself Video Editing Exercise allows students to rearrange the order of shots from a TV commercial using video editing software to see how shot order has an impact on the story.
- A Do-it-Yourself Sound Exercise allows students to apply different music clips to a TV commercial to show how sound impacts images.
- Tutorials on capturing stills from video and high-definition video, and a clip-DVD tutorial.
- Glossary of key terms used throughout the book.
- Interactive Flashcards help students to learn key terms.
- Full-color Image Gallery of nearly 300 images in the book.
- Video Links that correspond to the links highlighted in the book.