Welcome to the companion website for From Birth to Sixteen: Children's Health, Social, Emotional and Linguistic Development. This innovative new text provides essential reading for those studying, or indeed practising, child development in the context of nursing, play work, youth work, play therapy, early years' education, teaching, social work and occupational therapy.
Crucially, the text appreciates the diversity of ways in which children develop, taking into account gender, ethnicity, social background and disability, and it values children's resilience in conditions of adversity. From the foundations of the subject through to its application in practice, From Birth to Sixteen provides an indispensable companion to child development courses and beyond.
What you will find on this website:
An interactive timeline of child development, exploring all the key themes from the book. The timeline includes:
- Additional case studies and discussions questions
- Illustrative video clips
- Links to useful websites
- Multiple choice questions to test your understanding of each chapter's key points
- Videos - Helen Cowie talks about the publication of From Birth to Sixteen.
- A whole host of additional case studies and useful articles for each chapter in the book
- Comprehensive PowerPoint slides for each chapter
- All the tables and diagrams from the book available to download for your own use