This textbook is essential reading for anyone interested in teaching and learning both the content and practice of world history.
Clif Stratton, Washington State University, USA
I am amazed at the breadth and balance of its coverage and at the authors’ ability to find telling details in a wide variety of cultures.
Stephen Ruzicka, University of North Carolina, USA
This deftly interwoven thematic approach provides a refreshing and illuminating narrative of the global human past.
Joseph M. Fernando, University of Malaya, Malaysia
The text is engagingly written and easy to read, and the authors are on top of all the crucial debates in the rapidly evolving field of world history.
David Christian, Macquarie University, Australia
Welcome to the companion website for World History: Journeys from Past to Present. This innovative text uses common themes to present an integrated and comprehensive survey of human history from its origins to the present day. By weaving together thematic and regional perspectives in coherent chronological narratives, Goucher and Walton transform the overwhelming sweep of the human past into a truly global story that is relevant to the contemporary issues of our time.
What you will find on this website:
- Engaging interactive timeline
- Annotated list of useful web links for each chapter
- Study skills section, with advice on how to read historical documents, approach history exams and write history essays
- Links to important primary sources for each chapter
- Additional discussion questions for each chapter, with sample answers
- Sample answers to end of chapter questions, making these into assignable tasks for your students
- Lecture outlines in the form of PowerPoint slides for each chapter
- Assignable questions based on links to primary sources