Welcome to the Companion Website for the Routledge new edition of Richard Mansbach and Kirsten Taylor’s Introduction to Global Politics. Fully revised and updated, the second edition of this core text places an increased emphasis on the themes of continuity and change. It continues to explain global politics using an historical approach, firmly linking history with the events of today. By integrating theory and political practice at individual, state and global levels, students are introduced to key developments in global politics, helping them make sense of major trends that are shaping our world.
This is a highly illustrated textbook with informative and interactive boxed material throughout. Chapter opening timelines contextualise the material that follows, and definitions of key terms are provided in a glossary at the end of the book. Every chapter ends with student activities, cultural materials, and annotated suggestions for further reading that now include websites.
What you will find on this website:
- Comprehensive Testbank including multiple choice, true/false and short answer questions for each chapter
- PowerPoint lecture slides divided by chapter
- Detailed chapter outlines
- Discussion questions, to be used for class discussion or as assignable exam questions, depending on your preference
- Regularly updated author blog
- Annotated video clips on core people and events in global politics
- Glossary flashcards, to test your knowledge of the essential terms from the book
- Interactive map feature, bringing key maps from the book to life
- Annotated web links to recommended online resources for each chapter