Despite an increasing awareness of Developmental Language Disorder, there are very few tools available to help people understand and live with a diagnosis of DLD. DLD and Me is a functional, engaging resource for children and young people with DLD and the professionals and families that work with them. The book consists of an easy-to-follow, 12-week programme designed to help children and young people understand their strengths, what makes them different, what DLD is and how they can support their own communication in everyday life.
Key features include:
- clearly worded session plans for therapists or education staff to follow;
- engaging visual resources to accompany the session plans, each available to photocopy and download;
- home sheets to keep families involved and informed;
- information sheets and training plans for parents and education staff;
- outcome measures to evaluate progress.
This invaluable tool has been designed to be used by Speech and Language Therapists, teachers and other professionals or parents working with children and young people with DLD.Book Information Complimentary Exam Copy
How to access Speechmark downloads
If you haven't already got a Routledge account, to gain access to the resources please go to Resources at the top of the navigation or click the button below > Request Access > Request An access token. Then fill the form in answering the question referencing a specific part of the book.