In this completely revised and updated third edition, Mary Anne White presents a thorough background to understand physical properties of materials from an atomic-level perspective. New aspects in the third edition include learning objectives for each chapter and a glossary of more than 500 terms, along with the information on the newest discoveries in materials science. This edition contains more than 50 new end-of-chapter problems, bringing the total to over 350 problems.
This companion website from CRC Press provides updates to the further reading sections, including links to relevant websites, and ca. 30 videos made specifically for this book.
- Provides comments and tutorials that illustrate the role of materials, including a capstone tutorial on the materials science of cymbals
- Includes updated references at the end of each chapter
- Contains more than 350 end-of-chapter problems, with more than 50 new to the third edition
- Introduces the principles of materials science through an atomic and molecular approach
- Glossary with more than 500 entries, making this book a very useful reference
- Learning goals listed for each chapter
- Solutions manual available upon qualifying course adoption.