This chapter in The Media Student’s Book analyses how media activities are organised as business operations during a highly volatile period of technological and cultural changes that have prompted the development of new business models. The chapter is organised under these headings:
- Studying business organisations
- Ownership and control
- The experience of conglomerates
- New players in India and China
- Public or private funding?
- Public and private in filmed entertainment
- The new digital environment
- Business models
In addition, the book includes a Case Study on Music and movies – digital and available.