Welcome to the companion website for Learning to Teach Physical Education in the Secondary School
This fully updated fifth edition of Learning to Teach Physical Education in the Secondary School is a comprehensive, yet accessible guide for all student secondary physical education teachers. Practical and insightful advice is combined with theory and research to support you in developing as a student teacher.
This core text is an ideal guide to support you in developing your knowledge for teaching, your basic teaching skills and your ability to reflect critically on what you are doing and why, enabling you to cope in a range of teaching situations. Including updated material to cover changes in policy and practice, curriculum and assessments, the fifth edition of this essential textbook focuses on:
- Starting and developing your teaching journey
- Planning, teaching and evaluating physical education lessons for effective pupil learning
- Looking beyond your teacher education.
New chapters include
- Essential knowledge bases for teaching physical education
- Guidance on using digital technologies
- Health in the physical education lesson
Written with university and school-based initial teacher education in mind, Learning to Teach Physical Education in the Secondary School is an essential source of support and guidance for all student physical education teachers embarking on the challenging journey of developing as an effective teacher.