Based on the premise that many, if not most, reactions in organic chemistry can be explained by variations of fundamental acid–base concepts, Organic Chemistry: An Acid–Base Approach provides a framework for understanding the subject that goes beyond mere memorization. Using several techniques to develop a relational understanding, it helps students fully grasp the essential concepts at the root of organic chemistry.
This new edition was rewritten largely with the feedback of students in mind and is also based on the author’s classroom experiences using the previous editions.
Highlights of the Third Edition Include:
- Extensively revised chapters that improve the presentation of material.
- Features the contributions of more than 65 scientists, highlighting the diversity in organic chemistry.
- Features the current work of over 30 organic chemists, highlighting the diversity in organic chemistry.
- Many new reactions are featured that are important in modern organic chemistry.
- Video lectures are provided in a .mov format, accessible online as a ‘built-in’ ancillary for the book.
- The homework is available online, gratis to all users.
The third edition of Organic Chemistry: An Acid–Base Approach constitutes a significant improvement upon a unique introductory technique to organic chemistry. The reactions and mechanisms it covers are the most fundamental concepts in organic chemistry that are applied to industry, biological chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, and pharmacy. Using an illustrated conceptual approach rather than presenting sets of principles and theories to memorize, it gives students a more concrete understanding of the material.