Metaphysics: An Introduction
"…a superb introduction to this exciting field… While the presentation is admirable in its clarity and accessibility, Ney does not shy away from sophisticated problems and theories, many of them from recent developments in the field, and she succeeds in infusing them with immediacy and relevance. The reader has a sense of being a fellow companion on Ney's journey of exploration into some fascinating metaphysical territories. This is the best introduction to contemporary metaphysics that I know." Jaegwon Kim - Brown University, USA
Welcome to the companion website for Metaphysics: An Introduction by Alyssa Ney. Metaphysics: An Introduction combines comprehensive coverage of the core elements of metaphysics with contemporary and lively debates within the subject. It provides a rigorous and yet accessible overview of a rich array of topics, connecting the abstract nature of metaphysics with the real world.
This website features a range of exciting and challenging interactive resources for students of metaphysics including:
- Multiple Choice Questions to test the student’s understanding of the material in each chapter.
- Discussion Questions to encourage debate and in-depth consideration of the key topics.
- Annotated Bibliographies which build on those in the book to encourage and support further reading and advanced study.
- Annotated weblinks providing a rich array of sources to support the material in the book.
- A full Glossary of terms to reinforce the engagement with new terminology.
The material is organised by chapter so that it can be used alongside the book.