Chapter 8 - The Acting Brain
- A critique of the division between dorsal and ventral streams in vision and action that includes peer discussion
- Schenk, T. & McIntosh, R. D. (2010). Do we have independent visual streams for perception and action? Cognitive Neuroscience, 1, 52–62 http://explore.tandfonline.com/page/beh/students-guide-to-cognitive-neuroscience-related-articles/
- A good overview of this system primarily from the perspective of animal electrophysiology
- Rizzolatti, G. & Luppino, G. (2001). The cortical motor system. Neuron, 31, 889–901.
- A classic paper, predating brain imaging, that concerns the role of the prefrontal cortex in action. This paper is also relevant to Chapter 14 as it is a more general model of executive functions
- Norman, D. A. & Shallice, T. (1986). Attention to action. In R. J. Davidson, G. E. Schwartz, & D. Shapiro (Eds.), Consciousness and self regulation. New York: Plenum Press. http://wexler.free.fr/library/files/norman%20%28%29%20attention%20to%20action.%20willed%20and%20automatic%20control%20of%20behavior.pdf