Student Review Questions
- Explain why airport expansion in developed countries with a democratic form of government is often a controversial issue.
Suggest transport solutions for the following situations:
- A method of crossing a deep ravine in a forested mountain region in the tropics;
- A system capable of moving very large numbers of people efficiently in a densely populated metropolitan area;
- A system capable of operating efficiently in a region where winter temperatures regularly fall below –30°C in winter and rise above 20°C in summer.
- Describe the elements of transport as applied to a particular ferry route. (A diagram might be useful.)
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of the car with public transport in satisfying the demand for specific types of outdoor recreation (such as surfing).