Student Review Questions
- A group of students is planning a tour of the USA by Greyhound bus. They are particularly interested in places that are associated with the nation's musical heritage. Suggest a suitable route for the tour, giving brief descriptions of the places to be visited.
- Describe how the dominance of the private car has influenced the pattern of domestic tourism and the landscapes and townscapes of North America.
- Justify the statement that the USA is a ‘land for all seasons’, by catering for the demands for many forms of outdoor recreation and tourism.
- Compare and contrast Las Vegas and Disney World, Florida, as tourist destinations.
- Discuss the achievements of the conservation movement in the USA and Canada, and identify the ways in which natural resources are being put at risk by developmental pressures.